Do not miss
Sign up to get our updates
Developing a Data Driven Creative Company
Bespoke course for the creative sector
Develop your creative practice, business, or cultural organisation by harnessing the power of your data to develop insights and inform decisions, and maximise your creative service, product, or experiences for audiences.
Staff from the Institute for Design Informatics are just some of the expertise you can access through a new on-line course which is being launched as part of the Business School at the University of Edinburgh. The course will run from the 23rd of September for 6 weeks until the 11 November each Wednesday from 3.30-5pm.
Some of the speakers include:
- Caroline Parkinson, Sector Engagement Manager, Creative Industries, Edinburgh Futures InstituteMicrophone
- Prof Chris Speed, Chair, Design Informatics, Bayes Centre
- ECAMicrophoneShannon Vallor, Chair, Data Ethics, Edinburgh Futures Institute
- MicrophoneAdam Carter, Programme Manager, Edinburgh Parallel Computer Centre
- MicrophoneEwelina Lacka, Lecturer in Digital Marketing and Analytics, University of Edinburgh Business SchoolMicrophone
- Ian Gordon, Director of Impact Enhancement/Dissertation Advisor, University of Edinburgh Business SchoolMicrophone
- Sam Rhynas and Jo Watts, Directors, Effini
This is a non-credit-bearing course for company leaders, including those leading their own business as a sole trader, and for heads of department within cultural or creative organisations.
This 6-week programme will provide 1.5 hours of weekly subject input from data experts, supported by online resources and case studies from creative companies. Each week a correlated question will be posed for you to explore in your own organisation.
This course is designed to:
- Build your data knowledge
- Develop confidence in handling your own data
- Create a self-directed action plan supported through the course
You can test your thoughts and emerging plans through engagement with your peer group and live Q&A with tutors, as well as learning from creative industry case studies. This is a guided process to allow you to confidently explore alone or with your teams the observations you have made, and move towards an agreed action plan you can implement at a specific time to suit your creative organisation.
For more information and to sign up visit https://www.business-school.ed.ac.uk/event/developing-a-data-driven-creative-company
On-line register via Business School