Space & Satellites Work in Progress events
Artist Residency Research Webinars
As part of the Space and Satellites Artist Residency programme we are running a series of Work in Progress events for our research webinar series. Over the next 5 weeks you will get to hear from each of the artists alongside an academic/scientist in to how the collaboration is progressing and hints as to what is to come for our exhibition in July.
Look out for more details on each of the talks over the coming weeks in our event listings but dates for the diary are:
- 11 June Cécile Simonis (illustrator and visual artist) Book a ticket here
- 18 June Julia McGhee (dance artist), Geoff Robbins (science lab technician) and John McGeoch (multi-media artist) Book a ticket here
- 25 June Elaine Ford (multidisciplinary artist and wildlife biologist) Book a Ticket here
- 2 July Victoria Evans (contemporary artist and PhD researcher)
- 9 July Stacey Hunter (design curator) and Ben Hymers working with Weaver and Rug Tufter Ben Hymers.
All taking place at 4pm on a Zoom webinar, places are free but you will need to sign up via Eventbrite in advance (email link to be sent out one week before)
The Space and Satellites residencies are funded by the DDI and supported by EFI. The residencies will create a space for exploration and aim to create genuine collaborations between science and creative practice. The residency started on the 1st of May and will culminate in an on-line exhibition from the 13th of July on the Inspace website with the aim to be shown in Inspace later in the year. https://inspace.ed.ac.uk
Image by Cécile Simonis as part of her work on the residency programme.